"Eternally in joy for a day's training on earth." ~Blaise Pascal

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Track runs for 2009 (Fall)

I've been doing a track workout every Wednesday morning at the Walton Stadium here in Columbia. After a 6 lap warm-up and stretch, I've been consistently working on doing 1000s. My goal (starting back in September) was to ease into doing 10 X 1000s by Christmas. Well, for the month of December, starting today (Dec. 2nd), I was scheduled to do 10--and I did it. Boy, was I tired. They weren't very fast--my fastest was 3:42 and my slowest (first one) was 4:07. I'd like to consistently be in the 3:30s, and eventually sub-3:00 for all 10. But in total it was a workout of about 12 miles, and a good one. And this morning it was a cool 36 degrees--but I bundled up and ended up feeling quite warm...

Happy Running!
Brian

No comments: